geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Joachim Schreiber" <yos...@web.de>
Subject Re: Maven 1.0rc2 now works
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:59:45 GMT
geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org schrieb am 07.04.04 17:10:43:
> 
> On Apr 7, 2004, at 2:13 AM, <yoschr@web.de> wrote:
> 
> > Hi Dain, Jacek
> >
> >> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> >>> I have fixed our problems with maven rc2 and now our build works with
> >>> both rc1 and rc2.  The problem were:
> >
> > agree, I try it on winXP sp1 jdj1.4.2_02-b03 maven rc2
> >
> >> ...
> >>> If you do update to maven rc2, you may have to blow away your local
> >>> maven repository.  You may also have to run the build twice before
> >>> getting the build to complete as rc2 seems to be more touchy the rc1.
> >
> > hm I had to run three times ;-)
> >
> > ( Perhaps it's good to mention that during JUnit tests it's better to  
> > disable all firewall software on win or linux workstations to run the  
> > remote tests successfully )
> 
> Works fine on my mac with the firewall turned on.
> 
> Alan any comments?
> 
> > But the build works than fine!
> >
> >>
> >> BUILD FAILED
> >> File...... file:/c:/projects/geronimo/maven.xml
> >> Element... maven:reactor
> >> Line...... 180
> >> Column.... 27
> >> Unable to obtain goal [default] --
> >> file:/C:/projects/geronimo/etc/maven.xml:50:41: <attainGoal> No goal
> >> [java:jar-resources]
> >> Total time: 19 seconds
> >> Finished at: Wed Apr 07 00:44:54 CEST 2004
> >>
> >> I can't build Geronimo and can't find the answer to my problem. What's
> >> the solution?
> >>
> >
> > hm strange on winXP everything works fine yesterday for me
> >
> >
> > BUT perhaps the SOLUTION is in
> >
> > maven.xml of the deployment module (and not only this module).
> > It contains a namespace declaration for xmlbeans like
> >
> > <project default="default"
> >  xmlns:j="jelly:core"
> > xmlns:ant="jelly:ant"
> > xmlns:maven="jelly:maven"
> > xmlns:xmlbeans="geronimo:xmlbeans">
> >
> >
> > I think the problem is in
> >
> > xmlns:x m l beans
> >
> > of
> >
> > xmlns:xmlbeans="geronimo:xmlbeans"
> >
> >
> >
> > The spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-names11/#ns-decl) says, that all  
> > sequences of  x m l in namepsaces are _PERHAPS_ reserved and a parser  
> > _CAN_ throw an error if such a sequence occurs.
> >
> > Do you use a parser which is namespace aware and Dain not?
> >
> > Ant 1.6 works now namespace aware too  
> > (http://wiki.apache.org/ant/NewAntFeaturesInDetail/ 
> > XmlNamespaceSupport).
> >
> >
> > If you agree that this is the problem i will figure out which modules  
> > are affected and submit some bugs to jira.
> 
> This is not the problem.  The problem is maven gets completely confused  
> sometimes.  My guess is it tries to update a critical jar with a  
> corrupt version downloaded from the net.  The only way to recover is to  
> delete the entire maven repository (the entire directory including all  
> plugins), and sometimes you have to reinstall the binary.
> 
> -dain
> 


I disagree, I have not much time in testing but when i open the maven.xml in IE I receive
a parser error. With prefix x m l ist not allowed. When I use the same maven.xml in XML Spy
and generate a W3C schema I receive an error too, because of problems naming local complex
types.

And I experienced in my own development with XML that using x m l   in namespaces is not a
good choice.


--------- 
yo


Mime
View raw message