geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Spec jar versions
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:26:28 GMT
Yesterday I talked with David Blevins and Jeremy Boynes individually
and both suggested that we remove the spec jars from the main build as
they should never change.  It actually was kind of weird... I think
they share the same brain ;)

Anyway, it is a good idea, so I propose we change the spec jars to
match the version of the spec they represent, so the geronimo-spec-ejb
jar would be version 2.1 and the geronimo-spec-j2ee jar would be
version 1.4.  Further, I think we should tag them as '-rc1' as we can't
be sure they are correct until we complete the TCK.

If there are no objections, I'll work on this as I add the daily build
tasks.  Hopefully this will make our entire build run faster.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network