geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Just a quick remark about naming of the release
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:44:52 GMT
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 03:24:15PM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2004, at 3:22 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>
> >Exactly.  The tens of thousands of Eclipse users will be in familiar
> >territory.
> >
> >But to be on the safe-side, did pull together a list of 62 "haves" and
> >"have nots" to be absolutely clear on what we are giving people.  If
> >we have any energy to spend, let's spend it there.
> >
> >I'd prefer not to make the 0.x initial release mistake again :)
>
> What's that?

OpenEJB 0.9.2, Castor 0.9.5.4, OpenJMS 0.7.6

It really doesn't matter though.  Release numbers mean absolutely
nothing: Tomcat is at 5.x whereas Httpd is only 2.x and twice as old.
People are totally fine with whatever number you give them as long as
you are clear about what is in the release.  We are working our butts
off on good communication.

-David