geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse issue
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:12:03 GMT
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 01:57:41PM -0400, A Carbone wrote:
> That loop is a Linux or Unix only thing correct? it looks like it is using
> command scripting or something not familiar to me, could just be my
> ignorance sorry for the dumb question! is there a way to do the same in dos?
> would I have to write a batch file to do it?

Right, a bash thing specifically.  Should work out-of-the-box on
Linux, Mac OS X, and most Unix flavors.  It can work on windows too,
of you grab Cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com), a windows implementation
of POSIX created by Cygnus software then bought by Red Hat.

I use Cygwin on every windows machine I touch--it's a live-saver.

You could do something similar in a plain command prompt with a loop
but it would be hard to replicate the find command.  You'd have to
create a list of the 37 modules to loop over by hand.

-David