geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse issue
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:24:38 GMT
Just as a note to everyone, maven *will* create your .project files
and .classpath files including all dependencies to other jars.  You
just need to type 'maven eclipse' in the directories where the
project.xml files are located.  If you type 'maven eclipse' at the top
directory (incubator-geronimo), your not going to get anything useful
as that project.xml file doesn't contain any dependency information or
even information about where the source is.

The project.xml files for good 'maven eclipse' usage are:
    - applications/jmxdebug/project.xml
    - modules/assembly/project.xml
    - modules/clustering/project.xml
    - modules/common/project.xml
    - modules/connector/project.xml
    - modules/console-web/project.xml
    - modules/core/project.xml
    - modules/deployment/project.xml
    - modules/j2ee/project.xml
    - modules/jetty/project.xml
    - modules/kernel/project.xml
    - modules/maven-plugin/project.xml
    - modules/maven-xmlbeans-plugin/project.xml
    - modules/naming/project.xml
    - modules/network/project.xml
    - modules/remoting/project.xml
    - modules/security/project.xml
    - modules/system/project.xml
    - modules/transaction/project.xml
    - sandbox/activation/project.xml
    - sandbox/explorer/project.xml
    - sandbox/javamail/project.xml
    - sandbox/mail/project.xml
    - sandbox/twiddle/project.xml
    - sandbox/webdav/project.xml
    - sandbox/xbeans/project.xml
    - specs/ejb/project.xml
    - specs/j2ee/project.xml
    - specs/j2ee-connector/project.xml
    - specs/j2ee-deployment/project.xml
    - specs/j2ee-jacc/project.xml
    - specs/j2ee-management/project.xml
    - specs/jms/project.xml
    - specs/jsp/project.xml
    - specs/jta/project.xml
    - specs/schema/project.xml
    - specs/servlet/project.xml

Now, there are 37 different places where you would need to run 'maven
eclipse' and that is a redundant task that could easily be done with a
little Bash loop like this:

    for module in "$(find ./*/ -name project.xml | sed 's/project.xml//')"; do
        echo $module
        pushd $PWD &> /dev/null;
        cd $module
        maven eclipse > /dev/null
        popd &> /dev/null
    done;

Then you can import the eclipse projects into eclipse just fine.  You
only need to import the ones you are interested in as the .classpath
of each will already the jars of the related projects in its
classpath.

-David