geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Deacon <br...@navelplace.com>
Subject Geronimo and OpenEJB (was: [Connector] UserTransaction incomplete)
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:46:35 GMT
On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 08:17:01PM -0700, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:
>
> >Btw I should submit the patch to this very list? Seems to me that openejb
> >is
> >managed by the same committers (or at least a subset of them). Why's that?
> >Protect ASF from IP issues?
> >

> Most definitely not.
>
> Since the very beginning Geronimo has worked with other open source
> projects to build a complete J2EE solution - OpenEJB is one of those,
> Jetty and JOTM are others. However, at the time OpenEJB provided EJB1.1
> functionality and quite a few people have worked to bring it up to the
> 2.1 level - given the size of an EJB project, it's not really surprising
> there is overlap in the communities.

This has been a question I'd hoped would get answered by my continued
lurking and website reading.  But now I'll just bust it out...

Is the long-term intent for Geronimo that the Jetty's and OpenEJB's of
the world be plug-inable to Geronimo, or are there plans to make
OpenEJB part of the core of Geronimo?  That's three in a row.  If I
could just line up the word Geronimo one more time.  Excellent.
Sorry, where was I.  :)

I've hunted, perhaps poorly, for the consensus/thoughts/design on
this.  Anywhere on the website where this is talked about?  Or maybe
some keywords to google the archive for?  Or (the lazy bastard says)
someone want to ramble on directly about it?  (Actually, pointers at
more detail would be appreciated either way, if such exists.)

Thanks!