geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Temp Mentor Wanted
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 21:08:17 GMT
On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 08:15:01AM -0800, Michael McGrady wrote:
> I would like to get into a regular contribution on a long term basis with
> this project.  However, I am new to the administrative side Open Source
> work, e.g. cvs upload, etc.  I would appreciate someone taking the time to
> mentor me a bit for a week or so to get me going without my having to
> donate my holiday time to the learning curve for the administrative
> details.  I am interested in assisting at all levels.  Thanks.

Myself and Daniel S. Haischt have written a ton of references for the
cvs newbie.  We in fact did donate our own holiday time writing these
docs hoping to help out people who want to contribute but have no
prior cvs experience.

 http://www.openejb.org/faq_cvs.html
 http://www.openejb.org/quickstart-cvs.html
 http://www.openejb.org/cvs_for_the_impatient.html
 http://www.openejb.org/cvs_overview.html
 http://www.openejb.org/cvs_ssh_unix_guideline.html
 http://www.openejb.org/cvs_ssh_windows_guideline.html

Here is a doc that has less to do with cvs but more to do with how to
contribute code.

 http://www.openejb.org/cvs.html

Hope these resources help.  Feel free to ask questions if you get
stuck.

-David Blevins