geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: [Connector] UserTransaction incomplete
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:32:36 GMT
-----Mensagem original-----
De: Jeremy Boynes [mailto:jeremy@coredevelopers.net]

> Since the very beginning Geronimo has worked with other open source
> projects to build a complete J2EE solution - OpenEJB is one of those,
> Jetty and JOTM are others. However, at the time OpenEJB provided EJB1.1
> functionality and quite a few people have worked to bring it up to the
> 2.1 level - given the size of an EJB project, it's not really surprising
> there is overlap in the communities.

Ok, I was just wondering. In a complex project is difficult to relies on
external implementation, mostly when external implementations handles core
things. On the other side is usually good to avoid the NIH anti-pattern. So
you need to reach a balance.

Btw I thought JOTM was GPL. I'm using it too, but seems that its Xid is
messing the expected oracle Xid pattern. I'll check that later.

Regards,
hammett