geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: What does this mean?
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:53:05 GMT
> If you want to maintain the tests for this class feel free to bring it
> back.

Na.  I did not write those tests as they were not useful to be testing
for such bits in the first place.  I may committed a patch which
contained those tests though.

Either way, I do not care too much.  When I added it to JBo$$ its only
purpose was to track the boot-up time.  I have however found it useful
in other commercial projects I have worked for to track how long a
chunk of code was taking to execute.  I know that 2 longs and a couple
of System.currentTimeMillis() could have done the trick, but it was
nice to have a simple API to do it for me, which is why StopWatch
existed in the first place.

Cheers,

--jason