geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: What does this mean?
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:59:59 GMT
I agree that it seems useful.  There is also (when last I fixed it)
nothing wrong with the test case.  However, I have previously spent
several hours trying to make the tests pass.  I consider this trouble.
Apparently many jvm/os combinations (at least os x and win 98) do not
have sufficient resolution from System.currentTimeMillis() to provide
any useful information for time intervals less than several seconds.

If you want to maintain the tests for this class feel free to bring it
back.

david

On Tuesday, March 2, 2004, at 12:39 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> StopWatch has not caused any trouble and is a useful class.  I do not
> care if you nuke it, as it seems a lot of my code has been tossed into
> the bit bucket.
>
> But, do not confuse a poorly written test case with a useful class.
>
> --jason
>

> On Mar 2, 2004, at 12:30 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> StopWatch is no longer used and has caused enough trouble ==> I
>> removed it.
>>
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Tuesday, March 2, 2004, at 11:47 AM, Lynch, Peter wrote:
>>
>>> Anita,
>>>
>>> I ran these tests several times last night, and got more or less the
>>> same
>>> error, each time in different test cases.  I changed the value of
>>> the TIME
>>> variable from 100 (milliseconds) to 1000, and this seems to have
>>> solved the
>>> problem.  Maybe there's a problem on Windows 98 platforms with the
>>> Thread.sleep(int millis) call.  Does anyone have a view on this?