geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Feature request...
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:09:07 GMT
The relevant spec here is JSR88 which specifies an API for distributing
a module that takes two parameters: the raw module (EAR) and a
deployment plan (typically an XML document).

Our deployment tool follows this - you pass the location of the EAR and
the plan on the command line and it installs in to the server.

I think this fits with your scenario - you could use velocity or some
other template mechanism to modify the plan during installation and then
use the command line deployer to install into the server.

I'd planned to document the deployer more when we had all the module
deployers done (waiting for EAR and EJB) - if you'd like to help out
there please jump in.

--
Jeremy