geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: geronimo / resin integration
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:46:56 GMT
George Cox wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm interested in getting Caucho Resin [1] to work in the same VM as
> Geronimo.  Has anybody tried this yet, or have any pointers as to the
> potential issues?

Hi,

Geronimo community consists of a very strong Jetty group of contributors
, and thus they certainly drive the development of the web layer of
Geronimo. As a proof of concept, Geronimo comes with Jetty by default.
However, that's not a problem as they always ensure that the layer is
not tied to any specific servlet container impl, and it should be fairly
easy to built in any servlet container.

It's also been said that some attempted to integrate Tomcat with
Geronimo, but due to Tomcat's architecture it's not fully possible. You
can also use another layer of integration (e.g. GBeans) to get it done,
but the amount of work will definitelly rise up.

I haven't heard about any attempts to embed Jetty inside of Geronimo.
So, I'd say go for it and let us know how it goes.

> gjvc

Cheers,
Jacek