geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bartel <j...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Does Geronimo use tomcat?
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:17:50 GMT
Yoav,

Currently Jetty has been integrated as the web layer in Geronimo. It has
been the first because:

a) several of the committers to Geronimo also happen to be Jetty committers
b) it's very easy to integrate Jetty (but I say that as a Jetty
committer! :-) )

The intention is that you should be able to plug any number of different
web containers into Geronimo. When designing the web integration layer,
we've taken particular care to come up with an architecture that is
container neutral (take a look at the wiki pages over at
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Architecture/WebContainer).

We would sincerely welcome contributions from Tomcat - we believe in
strength in diversity!

Regarding the licensing of Jetty, it's license is compatible with Apache
requirements, AFAIK.

Jan