geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Kurjanowicz <mkurj...@cc.gatech.edu>
Subject Re: JNDI Specs
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:24:19 GMT
John,
The best place to start is the JNDI tutorial.  After that, the docs are
_ok_, but not great.  If you have any questions, email me.

Are we thinking about using JNDI in geronimo?
-Matt K.

John Woolsey wrote:

>I was reading throught the JNDI specs and they are great if you want to use JNDI but they
don't seem to explain how one would implement JNDI. For example what interfaces to inherit
etc, rules about threading, etc. Am I looking at the wrong docs? Are there docs out there
for a JNDI implementor? Should I be looking at the SPI as opposed to the API?