geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Questions about GBeanMBeanAttribute tests
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:38:38 GMT
Hey,

I'm trying to crack it down and keep failing :( I can't figure out how
to get at GBeanMBeanAttribute once GBean is registered to Kernel.

Here's a snippet I'm working on:

   // create a MBean of GBean
   GBeanMBean gbean = new GBeanMBean(MockGBean.getGBeanInfo());
   // assign a value to an attribute of the GBean
   gbean.setAttribute(attributeName, attributeValue);
   // load the GBean
   kernel.loadGBean(objectName, gbean);
   // start it up
   kernel.startGBean(objectName);

At that point I can't access the GBean attributes other than via Kernel
accessors (setter and getter) or directly via MBeanServer ones, which
actually do nothing more than return or set an attribute's value.

I'd like to retrieve instances of GBeanMBeanAttribute and test it out.

Is the only approach to test the class to conduct it indirectly via
Kernel or MBeanServer?

Cheers,
Jacek