geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Fowler" <a...@adamfowler.co.uk>
Subject Feature request...
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:02:18 GMT
Hello all,

I've been writing an installer these last couple of days and have come to
realise something about the way JBoss works.

I'm creating an EAR and in an IdealWorld[tm] I would like to just copy
this straight to an app server directory. I do have a problem, however, in
that the installer needs to modify some JBoss specific files for the
datasource. Guess where this resides? Rather intelligently inside the EJB
JAR which in turn is inside the EAR archive. So basically, I will have to
unpack the EAR and JAR on the fly, modify the settings file, and re jar
the lot back up.

Thus I request that you please (please PLEASE!) come up with a system
where such server-specific configuration is in the top EAR file wherever
possible. So have a meta-inf/geronimo directory or the like. That'd be
great. Really great. (Not that this problem bugs me, noooooooo)

What do the specs say on this point anyway?

Also, can we have a more authoritative list of what is being developed and
what needs doing/more help on? And yes, I would be volunteering to update
the docs to get this done (as opposed to being a complete whiner), but I
do need the info to start with. 8o)

Thanks all,

Adam.

--