geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas P. Fuller" <thomas.ful...@coherentlogic.com>
Subject Re: GERONIMATHON ! - 24th March, 19:00-21:00, LONDON, UK
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:51:41 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm writing to present an idea to the Geronimo Developers community and hope I might get some
feedback.

I'm thinking of doing some research with respect to the Geronimo app server regarding the
integration of non blocking socket io (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/nio/) into
Geronimo.

My questions for the development community is:
1.) Has this been done already?
2.) If it hasn't -- I'd like to know if my additions might be considered for integration into
the source tree?

Finally, I'll need to sit down and look at this problem a bit deeper and make a decision regarding
what kind of work might be involved (assuming I get some positive feedback); I  think that
the jniosocket.sourceforge.net package might significantly shorten the time it will take to
complete this task.

Thanks, and all the best,

Thomas P. Fuller
Rockville, MD
USA

Jules Gosnell <jules@coredevelopers.net> wrote:

Guys,

Seeing as there are a lot of Geronimo people in London at the moment,
we thought that it would be useful to hold a Geronimo evening to bring
anyone interested up to speed on the latest developments.

We would like to go through the current architecture of the project,
examine where we are, where we are going, our release schedule, life
in the Apache incubator and J2EE certification. There will be
demonstrations of the current state of play and FREE BEER !!

Leading Geronimo architects will be showing up to talk about whatever
needs talking about.

The event is being kindly hosted by lastminute.com at their offices in
Buckingham Gate (right next to the Palace). They are also picking up
the beer tag along with Core Developers Network.

Be there or miss your chance to witness history in the making :-)

19:00-21:00
The Brent Room
4, Buckingham Gate
London SW1E 6JP

RSVP to me (jules@coredevelopers.net) if you intend coming, so that I
can keep a tag on expected numbers and ensure that we don't run out of
beer !

Jules

* Jules Gosnell
* Partner