geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Deacon <br...@navelplace.com>
Subject Re: Build strangeness and file permissions
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 02:58:16 GMT
On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 11:46:06PM -0800, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Our build automatically installs generated plugins and jars into the
> shared directories (~maven/plugins and ~maven/repository respectively).
> My guess is the repository on your system is writable but the plugins
> directory is not.
>
> We do this as we don't have a release yet so are always running on HEAD
> - this is likely to change later. Until then you should just be able to
> make ~maven/plugins/geronimo-xmlbeans-plugin-DEV writable rather than
> the whole plugins directory.

Thanks, Jeremy.  Is this going to be around for a while?  I'm
wondering if a CurrentBuildIssues wiki page would be appropriate....

I'm guessing this is a *nix specific problem?  (Hmm... maybe distro
specific too...)

I take it this is the workaround for last month's workaround?  :)
(i.e., cd modules/maven-xmlbeans-plugin; maven rebuild; cd ../..;
maven rebuild)