geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Srinath Perera" <hemap...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Re: Geronimo/jsr 109 ws-at impl
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 04:34:52 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Jencks" <david@coredevelopers.net>
To: <geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: Geronimo/jsr 109 ws-at impl

> Can you please explain how many vms are involved in your scenario and
> where the transaction control resides? If you are running axis in a
> different vm from geronimo can you please explain why?

> If you need to import transactions I suggest you consider using the jca
1.5 mechanism
> using WorkManager/ExecutionContext and XATerminator.  This is already
> implemented and appears (with limited unit testing) to work.
>
> Propagation of transactions between  vms is not yet implemented but
> will (IMO) make use of the networking layer and the same transaction
> import facilities as the jca 1.5 implementation.

we want both cases preferably. we want to do a implementation that support
the both.
I accept the fact that geranimo user's would prefer/ it will be better have
both in the Same VM.
But we like to make it possible to let them run the webcontainer and the EJB
container in two VM
and let them have the webservice support.

Srinath