geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Srinath Perera" <hemap...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Re:Idea(OpenEJB/geranimo/calling a EJB from the same VM)
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 05:25:12 GMT
Hi all;

for the JSR109 implementation for geranimo I want to write a code to call a
EJB from the
the same VM. I do not want use the Local interface.

(what should happen is there is a servlet running in the webcontainer that
run in the same VM in the J2EE container. this servlet want to call the ejb
in the
J2EE container directly calling J2EE container methods)

I find a way to do it inside OpenEJB like this

    String deploymentID = . get deployment id   from request

    DeploymentInfo deployment =
    OpenEJB.getDeploymentInfo(deploymentID);

    RPCContainer container =
    (RPCContainer)deployment.getContainer();

    container.invoke(deploymentID,callmethod,
    args, securityIdentity);

when Open EJB is integrated to the apache does this thing preserved. Will
this thing work in the gernimo as well.
I it does not can some body help me to find a way to do it in geranimo.

Thanks

Srinath