geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dasarath Weeratunge" <dasarathweeratu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Geronimo/jsr 109 ws-at impl
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:30:57 GMT
Hi all,

Will Geronimo be using TyRex as its transaction manager?

For the jsr 109/ws-at impl, what we plan to do is write necessary axis
handlers and any other wrapper objects for
org.omg.CosTransactions.Coordinator etc. (for bridging) and hook up these
axis handlers with the transaction manager in the same way portable
interceptors are used with RMI/IIOP. This should work for both in coming
(ws->ejb) and out going (ejb->ws) invocations.

As a first step, I'm trying to setup a tm at the client end (a simple Java
program) and invoke an ejb with a tx-context. I also do NOT want to use any
container specific scripts (like the appclient of Sun J2EE RI) at the client
end since these could cause problems later when trying to integrate with
axis.

Can u guys suggest a tm and a J2EE container for this. I tried JOTM/JOnAS
and JOTM/JBoss and neither seems to work.

I was able to build TyRex1.0.1 on jdk1.4 after fixing some jdbc classes. Has
anyone had a look at its (TyRex's) OTS impl? (the tyrex.corba package) Does
it work at all? for example tyrex.corba.Current uses ORBInitInfo object even
after ORB initialization which is illegal. Is there a later version in which
these have been fixed?

Thanks

Dasarath