geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Change of License
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:41:55 GMT
gianny DAMOUR wrote:
>>Was this hard/timeconsuming to do or is it pretty automated?
>>In other words, can we do this quickly at some point to do we need a code
>>freeze for a couple days to switch over?
>The time required to migrate all the *.java files is less than 2 minutes.
>So, this part is rather quick.
>
>However, what could be more time consuming is the check-in of all the
>*.java files. Perhaps that to avoid a long commit, one should migrate only
>one module at a time.
>
>I will do a full-test, migration plus check-in per module and let you know
>the results.
I have done a quick test and one should be able to migrate in a little less
than 5 minutes.

The migration is done per-sub-module (e.g. modules/deployment) and pretty
"automated". The scripts can be found in my home directory:
/home/gdamour/LicenseMigration

Cheers,
Gianny

MSN Messenger http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866  : dialoguez en son et en images