geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Niggle about ASL 2.0 license notice text
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:48:48 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>I notice that all files now say copyright 2004.  Shouldn't most of them
>>say copyright 2003-2004?  Do we need to worry about this?
>
>I think we do.  We also need to add the license to every file that can
>contain a comment.   Specifically we need to add the short license header
>to all xml, html, properties, xsd, and jelly files.
AFAIK, xml, html, properties, xsd and jelly files were not licensed. Hence,
they have not been migrated.

However, if you really want to have the short license header, I should be
able to fix that.

Concerning the "2004" instead of the "2003 - 2004" copyright, the license
header used by applications/jmxdebugging committed by Geir - who is aware of
this kind of concern - has been used as a template.

I agree that this module has been contributed in 2004 and hence that there
is no way to apply a "2003 - 2004" copyright. Nevertheless, does it means
that all files committed in 2004 should only have a "2004" copyright and the
ones committed in 2003 should have a "2003 - 2004" copyright ?

If yes, one will need to query CVS to have the exact date of commit and
apply the right copyright.

Cheers,
Gianny

MSN Messenger http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866  : dialoguez en son et en images