geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Change of License
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:58:16 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>>I agree. In the somewhat unlikely event that this script does not exist,
>>there is one in my home directory:
>>
>>~gdamour/LicenseMigration/migrate.pl
>>
>>I have successfully executed this script against the overall code-base and
>>re-build Geronimo.
>>

>Was this hard/timeconsuming to do or is it pretty automated?
>In other words, can we do this quickly at some point to do we need a code
>freeze for a couple days to switch over?
The time required to migrate all the *.java files is less than 2 minutes.
So, this part is rather quick.

However, what could be more time consuming is the check-in of all the *.java
files. Perhaps that to avoid a long commit, one should migrate only one
module at a time.

I will do a full-test, migration plus check-in per module and let you know
the results.

Cheers,
Gianny

http://search.msn.fr