geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Niggle about ASL 2.0 license notice text
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:43:56 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
>can we do some cvs commit script perl magic so license dates are
>auto-updated on commit?  Or just refuse to commit with inaccurate dates?
I had a look to the CVS guide and yes it is possible to apply a pre-commit
checking via a PERL script. This is configured via the CVSROOT/commitinfo
file.

Now, I have done a few more investigations about the current copyright range
issue:

I have retrieved all the files which have been commited before "2003/12/31
23:59:59 UTC". I have written a new PERL script to migrate the .html, .xsd,
.xml, .properties and .java files with a coopyright range infered by the
previous listing.

I have done a couple of verifications and this approach does not work.
Indeed, on January 23 2004 a significant number of files have been moved
from one module to another. In other words, they appear as commited in 2004
and not 2003.

Anyone has a better idea than applying a catch-all 2003-2004 copyright
range?

Cheers,
Gianny

Trouvez l'âme soeur sur MSN Rencontres ! http://g.msn.fr/FR1000/9551