geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Namespaces, was: XMLBeans for DDs
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:16:25 GMT
	I guess my hope would be that in the example below, the n1 prefix
would be inherited by the children, so in essence it was legal to refer to
the first child with either "n1" or "n2" and the second child with either
"n1" or "n3".  I wouldn't expect that to be the case if the URIs were
different, but in the case we're interested in, they'll all map to the
same J2EE namespace.

	Of course, it does beg the question, in the example given in the
J2EE spec, how can you determine the namespace for the embedded vendor
content?  Because to state it more succintly, you can't find the prefix
for any node until you traverse to the node...

Aaron