geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: GAttributeInfo wish list
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:52:19 GMT
On Feb 1, 2004, at 9:11 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> It would be nice to be able to specify default values.

That is not the job of the info objects.  The info objects are about
describing to the system layer how to handle a component.  Suppling
default values it the job of the deployer.  This is they same reason we
don't have default values for references.  If you want default values
you can always put them in the class itself (of course if the attribute
is persistent it gets over written).

Anyway, I see this is a missing feature from the deployment code and
GBean code.

-dain