geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: jsr 109 impl/ws-at
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:26:38 GMT
I don't know much about the context of what you are discussing.  Does
this involve importing a transaction controlled from a remote
transaction manager?  Or is axis itself controlling the tx?  What
information is available regarding the transaction? In particular is an
Xid available? Is Axis running in the same vm as the rest of geronimo?

Without any information on these questions I would look into using the
j2ee connector architecture ExecutionContext/WorkManager to import the
transaction.  This is not yet implemented but will be soon.  (The
WorkManager is implemented but does not yet import transactions).

thanks
david jencks

On Tuesday, February 10, 2004, at 06:38 PM, Dasarath Weeratunge wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To what extent does geronimo support J2EE transaction handling at
> present?
>
> Presently the proposed architecture for jsr 109
> (http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/EnterpriseWebServices) uses the
> Remote Interface to access EJBs depolyed in the J2EE container from
> Axis webservices. Under this model, to propagate a transaction context
> from Axis(ws-at) to the J2EE container what are the options that we
> have? OTS/JTS??
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dasarath

<image.tiff>