geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with the build!
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:25:25 GMT
On Feb 18, 2004, at 1:24 AM, Patrick Mueller wrote:

> I see the same problem.   Dang!   Should have updated a bit earlier!
>
> On Feb 18, 2004, at 1:14 AM, A Carbone wrote:
>> After getting the build at about 12:30 last night I try to build the
>> server and it fails in the following section.

Deleting the offending test class (the source file) allows maven to
continue along it's merry way.  Important for me, because the Jetty
bits were not building, I'm guessing because everything 'before' it has
to complete (including pass tests) before it (Jetty) gets built, which
now also means building it's xmlbeans.

Didn't try running yet though.  At least I just have compile errors in
sandbox sections (explorer, webdav, twiddle).  Which means the
important stuff is clean.

I guess it would be nice if the 'build' sections of the modules could
all complete before the testing, so I could get everything built.
Long-run, not a huge problem, since obviously changes causing failing
tests shouldn't be checked in; and with the surely herculean efforts
with maven hacking (thanks folks!), I certainly don't to complain too
loudly about this ...

Patrick Mueller
pmuellr@yahoo.com