geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Empty cvs directory in project root?
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:34:47 GMT
On Feb 12, 2004, at 3:10 PM, Ian F. Darwin wrote:

> In /home/cvs/incubator-geronimo (and in
> /home/cvspublic/incubator-geronimo) there is an empty directory named
> "cvs".  This is harmless on standard UNIX but when e.g., trying to
> checkout under systems that lamentably ignore case (such as Mac OS X
> on an HFS partition),
> it creates havoc (Eclipse's CVS totally gags, for example).

This is hurting me now, also; I tried to check out the project in
Eclipse, and it does in fact "totally gag".  A plain old CVS checkout
seemed to actually work (under Mac OSX on an HFS partition), but the
directory should still be removed or renamed ... it ain't right.

Patrick Mueller
pmuellr@yahoo.com