geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject JMXDebug webapp
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:50:17 GMT
is now in CVS.  Things to note :

1) It's under Apache 2.0 license.  Everything has to go under that
eventually, so start changing everything else as you run across it.
Will post a separate note to the list re this

2) To have the thing actually run is a hack because I don't grok the
deployment stuff.  Here's what I do (and will put in Wiki)

    a) modify modules/assembly/src/plan/server-config.xml and add the
following :

      <dependency>
         <uri>xerces/jars/xercesImpl-2.6.0.jar</uri>
      </dependency>

      <dependency>
         <uri>xerces/jars/xmlParserAPIs-2.2.1.jar</uri>
      </dependency>

        <gbean
name="geronimo.server:type=WebApp,container=Jetty,app=test"
class="org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyWebApplicationContext">

             <attribute name="URI" type="java.net.URI">file:[your
path]/incubator-geronimo/applications/jmxdebug/target/geronimo-
jmxdebug</attribute>
             <attribute name="ContextPath"
type="java.lang.String">/jmxdebug</attribute>

             <reference
name="JettyContainer">geronimo.server:
type=WebContainer,container=Jetty</reference>
      </gbean>

     I'll clean this up to get a better URI, and quite frankly, the
xerces stuff should be there for anyone not using JDK1.5, I think

   b) put the xerces jars (from maven repo, for ex) in
target/repository/xerces/jars

Then you can just run it.  Go to

    http://localhost:8080/jmxdebug/

It ain't fancy...