geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: velocity-based debug console
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:24:04 GMT
I think we need a new naming convention.  The console-<type> was
designed with the idea that we would have a single console of each type
(e.g., console-web, console-gui, console-cli).  Now the new stuff is
not a management console, just a debug tool, so console-<type> doesn't
really fit.  Instead debug-web, would fit better, unfortunately that
name implies it is a debug tool for web applications, which it
definitely is not.  This is why I think we need a new naming
convention.

Also Jeremy suggested the other day that we put these modules into a
new applications "modules-tree" (e.g. geronimo/modules/console-web
becomes geronimo/applications/console-web/).  Another idea is to use a
two level deep tree (e.g. geronimo/modules/console-debug becomes
geronimo/applications/console/web/).

What ever we decide, I think we need to readdress the naming convention
for applications.

-dain