geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian F. Darwin <...@darwinsys.com>
Subject Empty cvs directory in project root?
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:10:30 GMT
In /home/cvs/incubator-geronimo (and in
/home/cvspublic/incubator-geronimo) there is an empty directory named
"cvs".  This is harmless on standard UNIX but when e.g., trying to
checkout under systems that lamentably ignore case (such as Mac OS X on
an HFS partition),
it creates havoc (Eclipse's CVS totally gags, for example).

You don't normally have a cvs directory under CVS' contrl, AND I notice
that
Incubator-geronimo is the only project in all of Apache-dom that has
such a directory:

$ hostname
minotaur.apache.org
$ cd /home
$ echo cvs*/*/cvs
cvs/incubator-geronimo/cvs cvspublic/incubator-geronimo/cvs
$ ls -l cvs*/*/cvs
cvs/incubator-geronimo/cvs:

cvspublic/incubator-geronimo/cvs:
$

So I'm guessing that it's an accident.   Can it be removed or renamed,
please?