geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject velocity-based debug console
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:19:09 GMT
Dain wanted to convert the existing console-web webapp from JSP to
Velocity.  I took that on and in the tiny bits of time I've had
available over the last 2 days, the basic thing is working.

Like N. Alex's console-web, it shows a list of all mbeans, and you can
click to get attributes and such for the mbean.  The difference is that
it's velocity based, very simple, and artistically challenged.  I
didn't want to spend time on art before we thought more on how things
should be structured, and because I'm pretty bad at it.

I have a few ideas on what to change, but I wanted to get it in so
others could play and comment.  Also, I know that this isn't meant to
be the console, but rather a 'debug tool', and want input on what to do
with it.

So, should I check in as a new module?  'debug-tools' maybe?  For now,
it will parallel console-web in structure, but other debug tools can be
added over time.  Let me know...

geir

geir@4quarters.com