geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: incubator-geronimo/sandbox/webdav/src/test/org/apache/geronimo/datastore/impl/remote RemoteUseCaseTest.java
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:11:57 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

>> That rises a very interesting question - where do we put
>> methods/classes that are common to several modules?
>

> I'd vote no.  It just leads to a highly coupled system, and our commons
> module depends on to much other stuff.  If we were to get our commons
> module stand-alone, then I might change my mind.

I thought similarly, but what do we have instead - copying files between
modules, just to not tie them up together is not the way to follow,
isn't it?

Hopefully in that particular case moving the method to common module is
the solution as it doesn't incur any further dependencies. Other copies
would be sorted out as they pop up.

> -dain

Jacek