geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bryce Alcock <Br...@licosystems.com>
Subject Re: What does this mean?
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 06:07:57 GMT
no the  problem didn't go away.

This is the section  of the maven.xml file in ./modules/assembly/maven.xml
That seems to cause the problem.
        <!-- build the Debug Tool configuration -->
        <ant:echo>Building debug tool configuration</ant:echo>
        <ant:java fork="true" jar="${distDir}/bin/deployer.jar"
failonerror="false">
            <ant:arg value="--install"/>
            <ant:arg value="--module"/>
            <ant:arg
value="${project.root}/applications/jmxdebug/target/geronimo-jmxdebug.war"/>
        </ant:java>

What I did was change the failonerror from the ant task to false so that
even though an
error occurs, the system continues, and commpletes the Build
successfully.  This is just a temporary
fix though and I am waiting an additional Ideas to get this working.

Now the System seems to build fine every time???

Here is the root cause code from
org/apache/geronimo/deployment/Deployer.java
(I added the System.out.println just before the suspect line 212)

    private static URL getURL(String location) throws
MalformedURLException {
        File f = new File(location);
        if (f.exists() && f.canRead()) {
            return f.toURI().toURL();
        }
    System.out.println("Deployer location : " + location);
        return new File(".").toURI().resolve(location).toURL();
    }

The exact error is indicating that:
 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
      at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:838)
      at java.net.URI.resolve(URI.java:1024)
      at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.getURL(Deployer.java:212)
      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.parseArgs(Deployer.java:195)
      at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:69)
      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke(<gener

      at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:87)
      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:40)

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.GBeanMBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanMBeanOperation.java

      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.jmx.GBeanMBean.invoke(GBeanMBean.java:465)
      at
mx4j.server.interceptor.InvokerMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerMBeanServerIn
java:224)
      at
mx4j.server.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerIn
java:121)
      at
mx4j.server.interceptor.SecurityMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(SecurityMBeanServer
r.java:86)
      at
mx4j.server.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerIn
java:121)
      at
mx4j.server.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerIn
java:121)
      at
mx4j.server.interceptor.ContextClassLoaderMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(ContextCl
BeanServerInterceptor.java:205)
      at mx4j.server.MX4JMBeanServer.invoke(MX4JMBeanServer.java:1077)
      at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.Kernel.invoke(Kernel.java:219)
      at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.CommandLine.main(CommandLine.java:96)
 Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in opaque
part at index 2: C:\a
bator-geronimo/applications/jmxdebug/target/geronimo-jmxdebug.war
      at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2752)
      at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(URI.java:2925)
      at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:2962)
      at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:574)
      at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:836)
      ... 18 more
 [ERROR] Java Result: 2