geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Köhler <Kristian.Koeh...@gmx.de>
Subject XML Parser and the old resolving problem - Parser to system?
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:33:04 GMT
Hi

Yes. again me with the entity resolving problem. ;-)

As discussed on IRC by jboynes and djenks there are ideas to move the
xml parser (with entity resolving) to the system module.
The current deployment module doesn't need entity resolving anymore
because the xmlbeans implementation handles this "automatically".

By adding the parser to the system module other modules (for example
jetty) could use this parser and therefore use the resolver catalog
"shipped" with geronimo.

As said on ICR there need some modifications to convience all deployed
modules to use this parser in the system module.

My idea which I posted on Jira (GERONIMO-155) is based on the idea to
transparently wrap the parser impl the module normally gets when using
the normal "JDK ParserFactory" way. This parser wrapper could be
configured with (for example) a special EntityResoler (using catalog
file) and ErrorHandler (using the geronimo log module). The catalog file
would be used serverwide which makes life easier IMO.

This aproach solves the "root cause" of the entity resolving problem
IMO. Every component/ deployed module could use its own parser
implementation (it is only wrapped) with the corresponding different
features. No component must be aware of using the right parser (the
system moudle one). Just use the default lookup mechanism. The entity
resolving for example could be configured at one place
(ServerWideEntityResolverGBean?).

Comments, suggestions?

	Kristian