geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@yahoo.com>
Subject eclipse .classpath fixer-upper for incubator-geronimo
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:35:09 GMT
I've got a little .classpath (and .project) fixer-upper for the
incubator-geronimo project if you happen to want to suck it into eclipse.

Attached as maven-fixup.py (yes, written in Python; baby steps .. baby
steps ... the good news is the processing is fairly simple to gen this,
so it can probably be done in maven/jelly, I just don't know how yet).

I've also attached the generated .classpath file and .project file.

Not perfect, but I'm not sure if it can be in eclipse anyway.  You'll
still red X's in eclipse for:

- sandbox/twiddle/src/java

- sandbox/webdav/src/java

- some of the xmlbeans stuff; this is because the gen'd classes are
duplicated across multiple source folders; eclipse doesn't like this; I
think source folders in eclipse can be filtered, so a smarter version of
the tool could filter the dups away; but this might not work outside of
eclipse, if those classes are actually required by the runtime.

I HAVE NOT VERIFIED THAT THE SERVER CAN RUN AFTER COMPILING THE CLASSES
THIS WAY.

That's not my intent (yet); I just wanted to use sexy eclipse browsing
to peruse the geronimo universe, without seeing compiler errors all over
the place.

Other eclipse notes:

- make sure you turn on 1.4 level compiler compliance; assert is used
throughout geronimo, and the default compiler settings essentially mark
these as compiler errors

- you'll want to turn off warnings for unused imports, and some other
things like static members accessed in a non-static fashion sort of
thing.  Cuts way back on the number of warnings.

- you'll want to filter referenced libraries off in the Java
perspective's navigator; there are 32 source folders, and 41 referenced
libraries - the list of 'things' is just annoyingly long and you can
live without the referenced libraries.

--
Patrick Mueller
pmuellr@yahoo.com