geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [EWS] Geronimo - EWS Deployment Team
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 16:35:09 GMT
knight@adsl.tie.cl wrote:

> So we are in charge of the generation of Service's impl's code. And thinking
> about it it's right, this is a provider specific task.
>

> Thanks
>
> Luis Avila
>
> PD: what do you think about the idea to do a deployment planner in charge
> of do the ws-deployment?

You should also look in Geronimo's deployment module to see how its
JSR88 provider is working. You should be able to perform Geronimo/Axis
specific configuration using DDBean/DConfigBean operations. Given the
incorporation of web-services into all the module types, it might be
worth having a general purpose set of DConfigBeans available that any
module deployer can use.

JSR88 does not provide you with a mechanism for modifying the EAR's
content (or that of any other module) - everything you need should be
incorporated in the deployment plan that gets written out by the
DConfigBeans. There is one plan for each root module, so you will need a
method for nesting per-module definitions inside the plan for an EAR.

>>TIP: If you look at EJBProvider in Axis, you will see how EJB's are currently
>>invoked from Axis

I had a look at that previously and it seemed to be invoking using the
remote interface. I don't think this works in a compliant application.
EJB2.1 has different container semantics for remote- and service-
invocations and you will need to inject information into the call for it
to to this.

You should hook up with David Blevins about hooking into the proxy
system for EJB's. A way to do this would be by providing a hook on the
EJB deployer that allows it to return a web-service specific proxy to you.

--
Jeremy