geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: "bug" in remoting Correlator?
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 02:15:37 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I notice that the Correlator class uses a WeakHashMap to store the
> FutureResults.  However, the values in the map have strong references to
> thier keys.  This means that the elements in the map never get removed
> and you may as well use a HashMap.  Did I miss something?

Doesn't sound like it - WeakHashMap is for weak keys and this sounds
like it needs weak values. There may be a version around that does this
- if not, there's something that might work in the old lock code:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator-geronimo/modules/core/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/lock/LockDomain.java?rev=1.3&view=auto

--
Jeremy