geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From kni...@adsl.tie.cl
Subject [EWS] Geronimo - EWS Deployment Team
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:19:59 GMT

Hi all,

Recently i sent a mail to Srinath bec me and Jeremy were a little confused
about our role in the Geronimo - JSR-109 Integration. Srinath told me that
 we present a proposal to the list.

We were thinking about what we need to do. And our conclusion was that we
must be involved in the deployment of WS over geronimo.

Our proposal consists in two steps and we show them to you:

1.- Get the neccesary files from the ear, war, ejb-jar and give it to the
ews code for generate the files neccesary's to do the ws-deployment (service
impl,s, service endpoint Interface impl's, stubs, xml's, etc.)

2.- With the result obtained from ews we will deploy the ws over a web-app
who will contain only one servlet who will receive the soap requests. This
implies the bindings too.

Our job will concentrate in two sides:

1.- Do a WS-deployment planner who will do the steps 1 and 2 from the geronimo
deployment side and

2.- Add code to the axis-servlet to do the ws deployment.

We'd really appreciate our comments please.

Cheers.

Luis Avila