geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: GAttributeInfo wish list
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 04:05:34 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> [...]

The GBean XML file is meant to define the default configuration.
Ultimately these will be packaged up with the code into a jar file and
placed in a component repository.

When the GBean is deployed, the deployment code will read this component
and generate the default GBean; it will then override the defaults with
the values supplied by the deployer. This will be the initial value of
the GBean in the configuration.

When the configuration is running, then a user(admin) can modify the
GBean state online and save it so that it survives system restart.

The GBeanInfo describes the bean but there could be many implementations
of it with different defaults. Therefore if there is an attribute that
an implementation can't do without, then it should initialize it itself
if no value is supplied by the GBean wrapper when it comes online.

--
Jeremy