geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [EWS] Geronimo - EWS Deployment Team
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:35:26 GMT
Luis,

Let us step back a bit. There are two stages

Stage #1: Design/Coding Phase
Stage #2: Runtime

In stage #1, the web services developer will use the tools (the ones in EWS repository NOW)
generate JSR 109 compliant artifacts like (All these items are packed into the EAR):
- webservices.xml
- jaxrpcmapping.xml
- implementation of handlers
- implementation of server-side code

Note that the developer may choose to use a tool from a different vendor to generate the EAR
with
the exact same stuff. Ias and Srinath are working on tools for generating the stuff for stage
#1.

In stage #2, This is where you jump in, you will need to extract information from the EAR
and use
those information to hook up Geronimo and Axis.

TIP: If you look at org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd package in Axis, you will see how Axis
currently uses information present in WSDD files to deploy the service.
TIP: If you look at EJBProvider in Axis, you will see how EJB's are currently invoked from
Axis

See http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-jsrart/ for additional
information.

Thanks,