geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: WebDAV ?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:03:33 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>A WebDAV service for Jetty?
>
>Doesn't this belong in Jetty rather than Geronimo?
You may be right.

>From another stand point, one could see it as a service using under the
cover the Jetty HTTP server features. The WebDAV capabilities are covered by
the Tomcat WebDAV servlet. After having considered the RFC2518, namely "HTTP
Extensions for Distributed Authoring -- WEBDAV", I have decided to plug the
Tomcat implementation as a full re-implementation would not have been so
simple (e.g. the Tomcat implementation, in its 5.0.16 revision, has a bug
which does not allow to move or rename a file).

This service holds together these two features. I think that one could use
it to distribute components to Geronimo.

I also think that Geronimo could offer out-of the box a HTTP service in
order to mount servlets, which does not require the full servlet
specifications. For instance, one could mount RPC servlets for various
reasons (Axis integration?).

For these reasons, and especially the "component distributions" reason, I
would like to keep it in Geronimo. However, I am ready to move it to another
location; just let me know where.

Cheers,
Gianny

Trouvez l'âme soeur sur MSN Rencontres http://g.msn.fr/FR1000/9551