geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Don't borrow from JBucks
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:50:01 GMT

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 09:28 AM, n. alex rupp wrote:

> [...]

Geronimo attempts to support the J2ee Connector Architecture standard
by deploying any compliant adapter.  At the moment, Geronimo has no
adapters of its own in the Geronimo codebase (except for a trivial
testing adapter).  The jdbc-wrapping adapters I am aware of are those
from OpenEJB, Sun, and JBoss.  To repeat, none of these is part of the
Geronimo code base.  Anyone wishing to deploy software is responsible
for investigating the legal issues involved themselves, including
license compatibility.  IANAL, but as far as I know the OpenEJB licence
and the LGPL allow deploying modules (such as an adapter) together with
ASF licensed code such as Geronimo. Similarly, I believe the Firebird
"native" jdbc-oriented connector (LGPL) can be deployed in Geronimo. I
have no idea what license the sun adapter is released under.

david jencks