geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [web] architecture
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:41:54 GMT
Section 2.7 Run States:

I don't think we need additional states.  When a component has stop()
invoked, the component immediately moves to the stopping state.  In
most cases this is followed by a call to doStop, which can throw a
WaitingException.  I think you can move jetty to gradual shutdown,
throw an WaitingException, and when all threads have exited you would
call context.stop();

The one issues is doStop is not called until all dependent services
have stopped, which may not be what you want.

Anyway, I believe that we have enough states, but we may need to use
them more effectively.

-dain