geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Problem with configuration serialization code
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:31:12 GMT
On Jan 13, 2004, at 7:09 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> -stop does not in fact serialize the configuration.
> I added the comment but was not sure we actually wanted to do this. I
> am torn between automatically saving the state on stop and having an
> explicit method on the Configuration that saves the state; the first
> is easy, the second gives the admins more control.

I think we should be able to create a snapshot of the server at any
time, but for updating the configuration archive (the serialized
version) I don't know.  I think for tight production environments, the
administrators will want complete control, but for the average user I
think they will want to update whenever a persistence attribute
changes.  I like the idea of keeping around a last know good
configuration incase the server gets wedged.

I bet someone out there has some good ideas on this...

-dain