geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Deploying connectors
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:19:33 GMT
Hi,

Probably, I could be sending it directly to Dave J., but I think it may
be relevant to others, too.

Deploying CMP entities may require database connections[*]. These
connections are maintained by a J2EECA implementation of Geronimo. As we
could read recently there is no JDBC connector. Thus, contrary to other
J2EE application servers Geronimo must be provided with an J2EECA
implementation that wraps JDBC that is configured to use a database. So,
it's not as easy as including geronimo-ra.xml and ra.xml in META-INF of
a CMP entity. Having them in the directory would tell Geronimo it's a
connector instead of EJB (it does depend on what planner would be asked
for deployment first).

So, what I'm missing is the implementation. OpenEJB Nova comes with one.
How to deploy it?

[*] 'may' has been used as deploying CMP entities may not involve
setting up a database as J2EE standard doesn't mandate it, but only
recommends.

Jacek