geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Service MBeans getting attributes initialized twice
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:24:27 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
>>MBean interface in the service.xml file so that I don't have to create a
>>static getGeronimoMBeanInfo because I am very lazy.
>
>You can use a separate xml descriptor, it needs to be in the same package
>and with the same name as the class.
>
>i.e.
>org.foo.Bar.class
>org.foo.Bar.xml
>
>I think Gianni wrote an xdoclet plugin to generate these...
Indeed I have. I have fixed a small issue in the XDoclet template file in my
local and I will commit the all thing, when I will be granted a commit
access.

>-- After dealing with lots of xdoclet xml descriptor generation for mbeans
>(again in JBoss), I'm not sure it's such a great idea.  At the moment, I
>find looking at a getGeronimoMBeanInfo easier to decipher what is in the
>mbean interface than looking at a descriptor xml file or looking at javadoc
>comments spread through the file.  I also find it easier to write than the
>javadoc comments, and Intellij and the compiler find the syntax problems
>for me.
I understand.

However, I had a look to some IoC frameworks - PicoContainer, Spring, XWork2
and Avalon-Merlin - in order to understand what should be done to avoid the
JMX dependence and I gave a try to Avalon-Merlin. As a matter of fact, this
IoC implementation uses "extensively" javadoc tags in order to declare
amongst other thing the dependencies - our GeronimoMBeanEndPoint.

I do not know if this is a "good" approach; however this is the way
Avalon-Merlin implements it.

Cheers,
Gianny

Trouvez l'âme soeur sur MSN Rencontres http://g.msn.fr/FR1000/9551