geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Error when running maven
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:19:21 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
>I've found 2 ways to make this work:
First of all, thanks for having tried to override the templateFile.

Regarding your concern about the maintainability of this XDoclet custom
task, I agree: as a matter of fact, the brand new XDoclet architecture seems
to be more promising. At least, it allows to remove the .xdt language.

I had a quick though about the implicit definition of an XML template via an
XML Schema: as a matter of fact, the task does not seem to be so easy.
Indeed, if one can write a program, which  generates a XML file based on an
AST and a XML Schema, then this program is no more no less a kind of JAXB
implementation.

I think that it could be more easy to generate a POJO, which is then bound
to a XML document described by a XML Schema as one could re-use existing XML
binding solutions.

Based on the XDoclet2 documentation, it seems that this kind of task could
be handled by Xdg (I need to investigate).

I will monitor the release of XDoclet2 and try to "fix" the maintainability
issue.

Cheers,
Gianny

MSN Messenger  http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866 : un logiciel gratuit pour